The South Centre and the Court of Appeals for Specialized Cases will impart a course for Thai judges on intellectual property rights, competition and public health. The course will take place on 18-20 May 2022 in Bangkok and virtually (hybrid).
The course will examine with Thai judges, competition authority officials, administrative court officials, and other public servants the utilization of TRIPS flexibilities (including competition law). It will discuss issues of relevance to Thailand and other developing countries at the intersection between intellectual property and competition law.
South Centre & UNCTAD case law database: https://ipaccessmeds.southcentre.int/case-law-database/
- Access to Medicines: Overview - German Velásquez (Bangkok)
- Intellectual Property and Public Health - Carlos Correa (Bangkok)
- Right to Health Considerations in IP Cases - Vitor Ido (Bangkok)
- Multinational Pharmaceuticals v. South Africa (1998-2001) - German Velásquez (Bangkok)
- Exhaustion and Parallel Imports - Irene Calboli (Bangkok)