The 2nd Global Forum on Intellectual Property, Access to Medicines and Innovation, was held on 22-23 September 2022 in Geneva, Switzerland.
This International Forum was organized by the South Centre. The first forum was held in Munich, Germany, in 2019.
The Global Forum brought together a selected group of policy makers, leading international academic figures, representatives of intergovernmental organizations, and members of the judiciary and competition authorities to examine how intellectual property policy and law is evolving to incorporate public health considerations and what are the policy choices available, particularly in the context of the COVID-19 and future pandemics.
The Forum will serve to support evidence-based policy making and legal interpretations on intellectual property issues building on the experience of and precedents from developing countries whose policies and legislation are supportive of public health goals.
See photos for this event here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/southcentre/albums/72177720302464252
- 2nd Global Forum Programme - 2022
- Selected South Centre IP and Public Health publications
This file is password protected
Enter password to access file : "2nd Global Forum Programme - 2022"
Unlock all file(s)
Enter password to unlock all file(s) on this page."
- Interpretation of TRIPS Decision - Carlos Correa (Global Forum 2022)
- Implications of the TRIPS Decision on Future Pandemics- Susan Sell (Global Forum 2022)
- Transparency, Licensing, Local Procurement - Suerie Moon (Global Forum 2022)
- Parallel Imports - Nirmalya Syam (Global Forum 2022)
- Health Innovation and Access - Mariângela Simão (Global Forum 2022)
- Role of MPP in Facilitating Access to Medicines - Nataliya Omelchuk (Global Forum 2022)
- The Licensing Experience of DNDi - Pascale Boulet (Global Forum 2022)
- AfCFTA Protocol on IP, Health and Pharmaceuticals - Amaka Vanni (Global Forum 2022)
- Patentability Criteria - Carlos Correa (Global Forum 2022)
- Typical Claims on Biologic Products and Processes - Srividya Ravi (Global Forum 2022)
- South Africa Cases - Interaction betweenIP, Constitution, and Competition Law - Brian Spilg (Global Forum 2022)
- Role of Judiciary - TRIPS Flexibilities in Brazil - Marcia Nunes (Global Forum 2022)
- The Role of Judges in Ensuring the Fulfillment of Human Rights in Kenya - Mumbi Ngugi (Global Forum 2022)
- Brazilian Competition Law and Access to Health in Brazil: Exploitative Pricing in the Pharmaceutical Sector - Bruno Braz de Castro (Global Forum 2022)
- Approaches to IP and Competition in the EU - Behrang Kianzad (Global Forum 2022)
- Competition Law and Access to Medicines UNDP - Judit Rius Sanjuan (Global Forum 2022)
- Justice Brian Spilg's Presentation (Word Format)